Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Opening the Heart

On our ES vacation, Athena and I spent some time working together on some spiritual goals. One night, we did some meditation exercises together, from the book “Inner Reiki”. They revealed something that neither of us had quite realized: I am very easy about giving, but it difficult for me to receive. We talked over this over the next day or two, and it is illuminating about many things in our life together.
The next day, I had an appointment at Healthworks, for a ‘Journey’, which is a 1.5 hour session of light massage, aromatherapy, and energy work (Reiki, cranial-sacral work, and other modalities) with a wonderfully talented massage therapist who is very skilled with energy work and intuitive healing. It was wonderful! But when she hit my heart chakra, she surprised me my saying that I have a lot of shields around my heart. We talked, and decided that the shields are what are stopping me from being able to receive. She said that she understood, that she also found giving very easy and receiving hard.
She worked with me to open up my heart. She placed her hand on my back on the heart chakra, and told me to feel it, and sense the edges of her hand. Then she said to enlarge the area, and try and feel her hand ½ an inch further out; then 2 inches further out. It took some effort, but it did open up noticeably. I will have to keep working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment