Monday, March 10, 2008

A checkin with Hephaestus

Athena asked me to do a good thorough checkup on our horse Hephaestus, since he has been getting a lot of attitude recently and been very squirmy and dont-touch-me.  The problem with Hep is that whenever I ask him what is going on, he just says "What? I don't know. I feel fine.".  Her suggestion was to NOT ask him the explain or describe anything, but just to do a good Reiki overall check and see if his body could tell me anything.

He has good strong energy that moves pretty well.  The first signal I got was over his flanks and rear end: kind of itchy and twitchy feeling.  It was not in his digestive system (which felt fine).  I finally narrowed it down to his private areas and his rear.  He is due for a sheath cleaning anyway (oh joy) so maybe this will help him feel better; but I suspect that his melanomas are part of the problem.  He has them all over that area, and received wisdom is that they are inoperable but harmless.  But they surely don't feel good.

His legs also feel vaugely achy.  Not the joints, but the long bones and muscles.  A little like when you get the aches from the flu?  Thats one reason he keeps shifting his weight and stretching out his legs, it feels better.

So no real answer.  We are trying to decide what supplements to give him next, hopefully something will help him feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment