Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Dream

 After my long treatment of energy work and intuitive healing, the therapist said to pay attention to my dreams for the next few days, they may be significant.   Two days later I had this dream.

I was living in a house with several people, adults and children (I was not myself, nor were any of the people real people). We were going about our normal lives, work and school. But there was someone trying to harm us; we never saw him directly, but he sent his minions occasionally to break into our house and break or steal things, or to threaten us. This was really a minor annoyance; we just sidestepped them or cleaned up after them. There was nothing he could do that would really hurt us. At one point he tried to kidnap my young daughter, but they let her go as soon as I insisted, and she was not ever fazed by the experience. I could sense our enemy becoming more and more frustrated and frantic with the desire to hurt us.

Finally our enemy broke into the house himself during a party, for what he expected to be the final confrontation with me. But when we saw each other, we immediately recognized each other as previously unknown brothers, separated since birth. He came to me and we embraced. We agreed to try and work together and help each other. We both knew this would be difficult at times; he has a large load of resentment about his life, and was full of anger and loneliness. I on the other hand was full of pride and self-satisfaction. We knew we would have to learn from each other.
_____________________________

 Athena and I talked over this dream the next day. I am not entirely sure what it represents, but Athena suggests that it is about my rational, skeptical mind fighting my intuitive, healing spirit. She points out all the times that I don’t use Reiki, when it would be natural to do so; that I don’t seem to think of it until she suggests it. There is a part of me that doesn’t want to believe in my gifts, that wants me to be ‘normal’ and appear ordinary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment