Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Dog Thing

During our vacation in Eureka Springs, Athena had a number of encounters with dogs. Walking down the streets, or meeting people, over and over again dogs would come right up to her and greet her or ask to be petted. This is unusual. Athena is usually cautious about strange dogs. I like to meet new dogs, and the usually come up to me first; but this week they went straight for Athena, and had no interest in me. On at least two occasions, a dog avoided me and walked around me just to get to her and say hi. This kept happening all week. Athena finally asked me to ask if this meant something.
At the end of my spirit journey (after my encounter with Tiger) I just sat down and communed with my guides. Then I asked them about the way that dogs kept seeking Athena out this week, and was there a message here? Could I be told, or was it private?
They responded that yes, there was a meaning. The dogs were trying to pass a message to Athena, which she had been unable to receive. The dogs had been asked to convey the message to her. It was not appropriate for them to reveal the contents of the message to me; they just said that the message was about change. I also got a slight impression of water about the message; but since water is Athena’s personal symbol of change, I think that it was just reinforcing the meaning. My guides said that Athena would receive the message, but that it would probably be unconsciously and she would not be aware of it.

I remain very puzzled and curious about this!

No comments:

Post a Comment