Friday, October 26, 2007

Help from the spider

As I wrote a while ago, the spiders in the barn gave me a symbol/spell to use to help my wife's horse's hooves.  I have used it now a number of times.  I am getting a better understanding of it now, it is definitely a symbol to catch and cast out "bad stuff": diseased tissue, foreign material, infection, etc.  She really needs it, she has subsolar abcesses on both front feet and is sloughing off the soles.  There is probably rotation, but the coffin bone has not emerged through the sole yet (fingers crossed, that would be very bad).  We are working hard now to keep her feet clean and free from infection.  She has to drain off any remaining dead tissue from the abcess and get the exposed sole laminae to harden so she can walk on them before the bone can break through.  She is game for it, and we are all working hard with her!  

Today after cleaning and packing her feet with antibiotics, a small spider appeared on her bandage and ran across it a few times as if checking it out, then into the grass beside her.  I hope this is a sign from Spider that She is helping her, and that she is on the mend.

No comments:

Post a Comment