Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Into Water's hands

My wife and I were off to Missouri this weekend for an interview for me, for a job that will hopefully change our lives for the better.  In the hotel the night before, by wife suggested that I go float in the hot tub and commune with Water, "because water is the symbol of change".

These struck me as very wise words, so I did.   As I floated, I opened up all my doors and reached out to the spirit of Water, asking its help in the changes that I long for.  As I spoke with it, I felt the turbulence of the jets and knew that the change that Water offered would not necessarily be gentle or easy, but that I needed to commit myself absolutely to accept and welcome the change.  I thought back to the shadow of the guardian of the East, the giant who closes the door.  I spoke to him, asking him to pull the door open wide and let all the life changes that I both desired and feared pour through.  I committed to diving into the raging stream of change, and put my life into the hands of Water.  Water took my hand, and promised deliver me to where I needed to be.  Water warned me that the journey would be rough in spots, as I have already experienced.  But the only way to reach the sea is to dive into the river, and let it carry me through rapids.

Water has agreed to be my guide and guard during this time of change, and help shepherd me through to a better situation.

1 comment:

  1. Pool Otter, water is so essential in your life! Thinks of your baths! It's one of the reasons I can't wait for us to settle in Missouri where we embrace the rivers.

    ReplyDelete