Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Shaman horse

Athena and I went to visit a friend's horses this weekend, so I could talk to them and give them a little Reiki. 
Mo and her husband have four horses.  The first three were normal, easy to talk to, horses.  We had a fun time talking with (and about) them.  The fourth was different.  Daskala is a Medicine Hat horse.

Not really knowing what Medicine Hat meant, I thought "Oh that's nice" and went ahead and tried to contact her.  Nothing.  I tried my spider thread, sent it to connect with her spirit.  Nothing.  It was like there was no one there.  I pushed some Reiki energy, and it just stopped.  Now I knew something was different.  Instead of pushing and probing, I just tried to be receptive; then I knew that Daskala was blocking me completely.  She has a shield around her spirit, a circle of protection that lets nothing pass without her approval.  It was not directed at me, the shield was always there, she never took it down.  I realized that this was not just an ordinary horse, but an adept with a high spiritual awareness.

So I stepped back, and apologized for being rude.  She kindly but firmly said that she would not allow me (or anyone) to connect directly with her spirit.  It was "not safe" to be open, with no protections; she couldn't just let any Tom, Dick or Harry poke into her spirit or read her thoughts!  So I instead spoke to my animal guides, and asked them to help me explain that I just wanted to talk for a few minutes, and meant no harm. 

She acknowleged the tree with respect, but would not talk to it.  Spider she dimissed as uninteresting.  But when my bird guide spoke, it turned out that she has a bird guide too!  Our birds spoke together, and Daskala agreed to speak with me. 

Daskala said that, just as Mo suspected, she was there on a mission.  She is there to help Mo learn something.  She would not say what.  Mo asked could she tell me when?  Will it be soon, or will it be a long time?  Daskala said that it would not be right for her to talk about this.  When the time was right, the lesson would be learned.  Be content with that. 

Daskala is a very strong-minded horse (not stubborn, that is different).   She has a goal, a duty, and she will see it through.  Whether the learning will be easy or hard depends on Mo.  But the lesson WILL be learned!

She reminds me a lot of stories of an Inuit shaman; she will teach you, even if the lesson involves shooting all your relatives and dragging you home :)  Of maybe of a Kung-Fu master, who will whack his student in the head and throw him in the dirt if that will help the lesson hit home.  She has a very strong streak of mischief in her, something of a Trickster. 

I feel privileged to have spoken with Daskala.  Her gifts are far above mine, I am grateful that she shared some of her time with me.  But I don't know that I would want have her choose me as her student :D

No comments:

Post a Comment