Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Cross the threshold

I took a spirit journey tonight, the first real one in several months.  The last time I tried, I could not keep in the 'trance', I kept popping out of shamanic consciousness and couldn't visualize clearly.  This time I took more time, and also got some lovely nature sounds to play to put me in the right state.

I took a long time on the seashore this time.  The sky was dark twilight, clear and cool, and the ocean was crystalline and dark, like blown glass with a heart of night.  I made my way up the past the tide line, through the saw grass, and onto the path between the trees.

The path was sandy and bare, and the trees were dark with just a few new leaves appearing.  There was little undergrowth.  I slowly walk up the path, to the opening of the clearing.  As I stepped out into the clearing, the sun was shining and warm on my skin, and the lush grass was soft on my feet.  A half moon was in the sky with the sun.  I walked down a little way to the Oak tree, and gave it big hug; the slender branches stroked my back and welcomed me, not caring how long I had been away. 

I thanked Oak for all his help, then turned to my right and greeted Spider (who appeared 5 foot high and shining black).  I carefully embraced Spider (not wanting to hurt her legs) and kissed her on the head, thanking her for all the support that she has given me.  Barn Swallow came down and perched on my shoulder and greeted me, and I thanked her for her gifts and inspiration.

I asked my patrons what I should do next, and they suggested that I walk down to the stream.  I did so, and marveled at the clear, sparking water.  I took a sip of it, which felt cool and sparkling.  I asked if I should run some cards for my upcoming move, using the Celtic tree oracle cards, and they said that would be fine; Oak said he would bless them for me.

I thanked all by friends and walked out of the clearing.  As I walked down the path, it was much sunnier and there were pale wildflowers popping up around the trees, and many new green leaves appeared.  At the sea, I took another sip and felt the ocean's vast calmness there for me if I needed it, then woke up.

I got out the Celtic tree cards and laid out cards in the Three Worlds spread.  This is what I got:

Underworld: deep resources, wisdom from ancestors --
Beech
    Cross the threshold that is challenging you

Middleworld: truth at the core of the matter --
Gooseberry
    Draw on the wisdom of those who have walked the path before you

Upperworld: starry wisdom, clear insight --
Alder
    Defend your territory, and clear the way before you

I read this to mean that we should go ahead with the move, but be sure to have everything in writing and make sure everything is in order before we do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment