Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Visit from Mantis

Back home this weekend, I was working in the garage on repairing and reinforcing a small table to become a vanity stand.  Suddenly a praying mantis landed right in front of me, on my level as I was working.  He was small, only a few centimeters, and bright green.  He was totally fearless, and walked up and looked at me, then walked around on my level.  I grabbed my phone and tried taking some pictures of him; he was very curious about me and kept peering at my sideways and weaving his head.



After admiring him for a bit, I talked with him a bit.  He didn't have much to say, he was just very curious about what I was doing.  He walked around and watched me, even when I used the power saw.

I asked him if he had any message or wisdom for me, and he told me about the importance of patience and paying attention to things; that you need to be alert and prepared to act in the moment. 

After a bit I told him I was concerned that he would be trapped inside the garage and suffer from the heat, and carried the level out to the side yard and set it under a bush.  He took the ride calmly, but was very excited by the bush, and twisted around looking up into the branches with great animation.  I wished him good hunting, and left him there.

No comments:

Post a Comment