Sunday, January 25, 2009

A scorched hand teaches best

I got a bad cut on my brow last weekend, which required some stiches.  That evening, after doing some Reiki on it, I tried 'pulling' some of the pain out.  I have done this many times for Athena in the past, and she has told me that it can be painful to do but that it does help.  This is the first time, however, that I have ever had occasion to do it to myself.  OUCH!  It hurt a LOT!  Athena wasn't exaggerating!  :D  I was not able to do any more, because it hurt to much.

Since then I have been more careful when I pull pain for Athena or for T-Man.  I take some time first to loosen the pain up, and only draw off what will come easily, rather than trying to grab and pull out whatever I can.  Athena says this is feels much better, and T-Man was much happier with it too. 

Oh, well, one lives and learns.  I am glad that I can do it in a way that is more comfortable to others, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment