Saturday, August 9, 2008

Meeting the Green Master

 In my last spirit journey, after the interlude with the jellyfish, I walked on up my path.  As usual, the woods seemed dark, the trees were tall, black, and clean-limbed.  As I walked, I practiced the exercises to open my heart, to try and accept more freely.  As I did so, the sun broke through the trees and the woods lightened up.  I stopped to look around, and it went dark again.  Whenever I concentrated and opened my heart, the sun showed through the trees and they appeared green and bright; whenever I stopped, it went dark again.  I have a lot of work to do, to learn to keep my heart open.

When I reached the clearing, my guides were there (Oak, Spider, and Swallow).  I greeted them and thanked them all for their help.  I looked to the stream, and the Green Master was there.  He/she is a guide who usually appears in an anthropomorhic form, of a person crowned with leaves and growing with leaves.  He usually works invisibly, under the surface.  This is only the second time that I have spoked to him face to face.

We talked about my wife Athena, who has been having a rough time recently.  He told me that I need to take care of her, she needs my help.  He said that she has special gifts that she gives to me, just be being who she is; just as I bring her special gifts just by being with her.  She doesn't know the gifts she brings me, and would deny it if asked; but it is true.  If I feel inadequate, or if I don't know what to do or say for her, to not get upset.  Sometimes just being there and doing what I can is all thats needed.  Keep focused on my love for her and my respect and admiration, and I will do what is needed at the right time.

I took comfort from this, and thanked the Green Master and my other guides.  I walked back down to the beach, and woke with a sense of peace and refreshed strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment